Marriage in Haderslev


If you want to get married in Haderslev Kommune, please send us all documents at first by e-mail E:, by fax F: (+45) 74 34 03 34 or by post.

Foreigners, who do not have residency in Denmark, must pay DKK 500 or 70 Euro which covers the paperwork before the ceremony. The marriage fee must be transfered when you send us your documents. The marriage fee will not be refunded if you for some reason do not get married here.

When we have received all the documents and the marriage fee, we will contact you by phone or e-mail to offer you a marriage appointment.

The ceremony will take place in Danish, German or English. If you do not speak or understand any of these languages we can ask for a translater for you at your expense.

After the ceremony you will receive one international marriage certificate. Should you need more or a new marriagecertificate they can be provided at a fee of 5 Euro/DKK 40,-  each. The same applies if you need copies of the marriage certificate. The fee for extra marriage certificates must be transfered along with the marriage fee.

As a foreigner you have to be in Haderslev Municipality two days before the ceremony with the your original papers, so that we can prepare the ceremony. 

All documents must be in the original language. The original documents must be translated into German or English by an authorized translator.*) However, this is not the case if the documents are in German or English.

The following documents are required:

A valid passport and documentation of legal residency. If you are a citizen from outside the Schengen collaboration, but are now a resident in a Schengen country, residence permit must be produced. If you are a citizen and live in a country outside of Schengen collaboration, your passport must have an entry stamp which is not more than three months old.

Documentation of present residency and marital status. The documentation must include: name, address for at least the last year, date of birth and present marital status. If you are not a citizen of the country in which you are a resident at present, the same documents from your native country must be produced. The documents must not be more than 4 months old. If the document is not issued in Europe (Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Croatia, Slovenia, Albania, Armenia, Azerbajdjan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tadkjikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan is not counted for as EU), USA, Canada, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Australia or New Zealand it must be legalized or have an apostille on (please se below)

Divorce decree / death certificate if you are divorced or a widow / widower 
To ensure that the divorce decree/death certificate to be approved is genuine, it must be legalized. By legalized is meant authentication of the signature and authority of the issuer of the divorce decree. Please see below.

American and British soldiers stationed in Germany must bring "Request and authority of leave" and "military ID" (instead of a passport).


The proper superior Ministry (usually the Ministry of Justice, in some countries the Ministry of the Interior) must legalize the person who has issued the divorce decree.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs must then legalize the person of the Ministry of Justice/Ministry of the Interior) (mentioned under 1.) who has legalized the issuer the divorce decree.

The local Danish Embassy or consulate must then legalize the person of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (mentioned under 2.) who has legalized the person of the Ministry of Justice/Ministry of the Interior.

(If the papers are issued in countries in the Apostille Convention ( it is sufficient to get a stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

Opening hours and address of the marriage office (Haderslev Municipality)

Monday – Wednesday                                10 am - 3 pm

Thursday                                                   10 am – 5 pm

Friday                                                        10 am – 1 pm

Day of registrations:                                      

Tuesday      10 am – 12 am         

Wednesday  10 am – 12 am          

Day of marriage:
Thursday       10 am - 12 am
Friday           10 am - 12 am 

Haderslev Kommune
Gåskærgade 26
DK 6100 Haderslev
T: (+45) 74 34 34 34

We are closed on Danish bank holidays.


Marriagefee is 70 Euro / DKK 500,- 
Extra marriage certificates is 5 Euro / DKK 40,- each

Please transfer the amount to the account of Haderslev Kommune 

Danske Bank

IBAN-nr. DK3130004810481048
BIC-kode DABADKKK (SWIFT-address)

Share this page


If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Wedding Office at Haderslev Municipality at tel. +45 74 34 03 34 or e-mail


The accommodation possibilities in Haderslev are plentiful: camp sites, hotels, inn, a youth hostel and lots of private bed & breakfasts 

} //-->